Pages

Wednesday 6 March 2013

…she gets up while it is still night…

 

sunrise twixt downs and sea

I’m joining in Crystal’s challenge to rise early in March. I can’t really call this much of a challenge for our household since we have embraced the early to rise ethos for the last couple of years. In fact, when I picked up on the whole Proverbs 31 thing, I thought at least I am the woman who “gets up while it is still night;
she provides food for her family”.

For me, that was the original impetus behind the early rise – to make sure my son had a good breakfast and to prepare everyone’s packed lunches. And just to be that bit more intentional with my time.

And I still think that’s so important. Breakfast is that little quiet breather where we discuss our plans and hopes for the day and give each other a bit of mutual support. Time to listen, time to share.

Of course sometimes we do get into the whole ”by the way I need money for a trip/a costume/my trainers/a form filled in “ thing. But because we’re up nice and early, there’s time to find stuff without (me) getting in a panic. So it’s all good.

Crystal has a great list here today of things you can do with your time gained from getting up early. Breakfast done, I like to look at my and pray over my own plans for the day, that’s if I’m not in the cupboard under the stairs looking for a lost trainer!

5 comments:

  1. I love to rise before dawn, go outside and breathe deeply of the breath of Heaven while listening to the birds waking up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that sounds lovely - I will try it when I put the dog and cat out...

      Delete
  2. Wow, you're really reading what God is teaching me lately. I like to sleep. I make muffins so we have breakfast without having to get up too early. Recently though, I feel led to have those quiet moments with Him in the morning before anyone else is up. Stirring up the eggs and baking the biscuits, He is there with me. Doing as He has told me, filling up the little bellies of my boys before school and my husband for work. Preparing the lunches to nourish them through the day. God has called me to the kitchen. I've felt it more now than I ever have before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You put that so well. Just being open to know that God has called you to the kitchen And 'whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God'.

      Delete
  3. "I rise before dawning of the morning, And cry for help; I hope in Your word." Psalm 119:147

    Something I hold on to when it's dark, cold, and coffee is still yet to be brewed .... :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...