Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

Traditional Oat Flapjacks

flapjacks twixt downs and sea

A really easy recipe to make cereal bars for lunch boxes or guests. Baked from scratch and you can choose your ingredients and add any healthy bits your family enjoy. I’ve chosen to use traditional syrup, brown sugar and butter but honey is a more natural alternative that works really well.

I like it plain but you can ice it or top with melted chocolate.

 

Ingredients for basic flapjack

2 tablespoons golden syrup or honey (tip: run the spoon under boiling water- it won’t stick)

100g brown sugar,

100g butter,

200g porridge oats,

Optional extra ingredient (dried fruit, nuts, chocolate chips)

 

Method

Twixt flapjack recipe

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I existed on flapjacks when I lived in Scotland... I had forgotten about them--definitely making these soon, thank you for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always think of flapjacks as Scottish - I think it's the oats. I hope you enjoy the recipe.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...