Pages

Monday 30 January 2012

Wherever you go…


2011 roma colisseum

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1v9
 
Often discouraged
Frequently afraid
I don’t feel strong
My courage fails me at the slightest setback
Or stumbling block
Careless comments
Taken to heart

Lord, you have commanded me to be strong
To have courage
They say that courage is being fearful but doing the right thing anyway
Knowing you are with me
Wherever
Whenever
When I’m hanging on by my fingertips
It’s You I’m hanging on to

Joshua uncertain was called to lead your people
God commanded
He obeyed
May I hear your voice as clearly
Obey
Whenever
Wherever
You are with me.



linking with
multitudesonmondaysbutton2-1
68 found a forgotten blue blouse in the ironing pile - perfect for my evening out
69 using the blue fountain pen my eldest gifted me
70 youngest proud of his ‘drama tie’
71 students’ leftovers given to me - pastry and jam make Bakewell tart
72 the blessing of support from colleagues
73 my grandmother’s table, used daily
74 fresh rain for the garden
75 a friend to walk to work with
76 listening to thunder from my warm, safe home
77 seeds sprouting on the window ledge
78 beans
79 and radishes.
80 husband finding he has the gift of green fingers
81 my hairdresser friend’s two Main Coon kittens
82 café lunch with my youngest
83 ‘The church’s one foundation is Jesus Christ her Lord’
84 Micah 6 v 8
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
   And what does the LORD require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
   and to walk humbly with your God.
85 a word from G on perseverance
86 vintage linen tablecloth
87 hubbie’s mum’s Wedgwood
88 polishing grandma’s crystal lamp

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...