Pages

Tuesday 17 January 2012

How does a shepherd care for his sheep?

 

 2012 beach 004

 

On Sunday we looked at the 23rd psalm (and I will be forever grateful to the teacher who made us learn it by heart) and John 10 and I learnt some new stuff about shepherds.

How does a  shepherd care for his sheep?

He provides for them, food and water. And our Father provides us with our daily bread but also with food for our spirits, leads us beside still waters and gives us the water that Jesus gave the woman at the well so that “whoever drinks of the water that I will give him will never be thirsty again. The water that I will give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.”

He guides them and protects them. Though I walk in the valley of the shadow of death I will fear no ill for thou art with me. Jesus says that the Good Shepherd lays down his life for the sheep and that he holds us in his hands. “I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one will snatch them out of my hand.”

He knows them and cares for them “I am the good shepherd; I know my sheep and my sheep know me— 15 just as the Father knows me and I know the Father.” How amazing that Jesus knows me – knows the number of hairs on my head just as the Shepherd “calls his sheep by name”.

“Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.”

linking with  

HearItUseItImage-1multitudesonmondaysbutton2-1

 

28 home made sour pickles.

29 trying a new recipe – Mincemeat loaf - yum.

30 a student sharing their macaroni cheese

with me

31 a set of yellow pencils and

32 sharpeners and rubbers in

33 a hand made block for our desk.

34 amazing red sunrise over the downs

35 pebbly beach underfoot

36 dog alongside

37 the sound of my husband’s key in the door

38 ringing the dinner bell followed by

39 the sounds of everyone hurrying to the table.

40 kind and patient optician

41 mum being able to meet me and the boys for lunch and a hot chocolate.

42 seeing my generous dad looking so well.

43 I made and wore a birds nest necklace

44 gave my eldest back to his Uni for another term

45 shared a meal with the others he left behind.

1 comment:

  1. There is such strength in scripture. Like strong, familiar mountains. Thanks for sharing your view here.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...