Pages

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Your Father knows what you need before you ask him.


Recently I’ve been praying for discernment. I wanted the ability to understand the signals, the nudging that God was giving me. It’s been a scary time for our family as my husband was made redundant at such a bad time in the economy. We were provided for financially and it was a blessing for him to escape an abusive work environment but just to wait on the Lord was hard.

All I could pray for was for God’s will to be done..

Over the last twelve weeks, as my husband has gone for interviews, I’ve prayed for each one to be the right one. Okay I didn’t like the one that involved a two hour drive home every night but maybe God thought that was right for our family.
When he didn’t get what we thought was his perfect job, I prayed for understanding. Well, I didn’t need that much understanding as the company went into receivership the next week.

The thing I was afraid to ask for, or even to hope for was what I thought this family needed - a local job, no late nights, a good employer.

"And when you pray, do not use vain repetitions as the heathen do,
For they think that they will be heard for their many words. Therefore do not be like them. For your Father knows the things you have need of before you ask Him."
Matthew 6:7-8   
 Well, God gave my husband a job. He can walk to work, finishes at 5.30, (unusual in his line of work), has had a training course and there’s a pension. And, (and this is practically unheard of in retail) they close Christmas Eve!  God  answered our unasked prayer and provided just what was needed.


 linking up with Pages in Your Heritage of Faith . I don’t feel like I'm as eloquent as the other great contributors but this is my witness to answered prayer and God’s faithful provision. 







And also linking up with Hear it, Use it .I love reading everyone's encouraging words.

7 comments:

  1. What a wonderful story of faith and trust! And I'm so glad your husband has found the perfect job...yippee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glorious!!!!!!! Absolutely GLORIOUS!!!! I am so excited for you! I got goosebumps reading your testimony! The Lord is SO FAITHFUL!!!!!! Thank you so very, very much for linking this up! It is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hooray! Thank You, Father! (visiting from the antbed)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Lady, Just wanted to let you know I featured your post over at my place today. Thanking you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, the waiting is hard, isn't it? He's always got a plan, but the waiting. You've captured it well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, thank you all so much for the lovely comments, I feel really encouraged. I'm going to try to 'pay it forward' by overcoming my shyness and commenting on some of the blogs that have really touched me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so encouraging Twiz! I am so happy to meet you. I have confess, I feel a tinge of envy that you live by the sea. I love the sea and many of the things that you do.
    We've had some incredible answers to prayer in recent days. It just overwhelms me when the Father blesses us in ways we had never imagined. He is so good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...